Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dying to Self, again...

http://www.gfct.com/ this is the link to our church. Today was one of the most amazing sermons we have listened to. Perhaps I did not want to hear all the words because they cause that sting of change that we all avoid so quickly in life. Truly, unless we die to our own desires and whatever is holding us in a stagnant state, has to die so that life can come forth. We studied a passage in the book of John where Christ speaks of the grain of wheat that falls and must die to produce fruit.

This took me back to times in my life when I had to let something go so that Christ would be glorified and his will be done. I think of private christian school for home educating, I think of church moves and letting go of ladies ministry and possible friendships, I think of our move years ago from BC to Ontario and has scary that looked and wonder how my parents were able to let go of a thriving church, community and friends all because God called them to. I think of moving from one house to another....there are many things I have had to let go and because of that God has been glorified, lives changed and the gospel message revealed. I may not have chosen these changes in my life, but I did choose to follow Christ. He (Christ) never promised a comfortable easy going life. Actually, quite the opposite. As I watch in amazement at choices both of my sisters have made over the past year I stand in awe at the trust they have in the Lord's never failing grace and love. They both have blogs (ourjourneytoethiopiathebalmers.blogspot.com and the maretzki family - both links on my home page). I continue to thank God for the inspiration and encouragement that they are to me. It walks me through those times when I just don't feel like dying to myself and my needs AGAIN! A daily journey.

John 12:23 "Truly, truly I say unto you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."

No comments: