Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Faithful Garden


" When I look at your heavens, and the creations of your fingers , the moon and the stars that you have set in place-what is a mortal that you remember him or the Son of Man that you take care of him? You have made him a little lower than yourself. You have crowned him with glory and honour. you have made him rule what your hands created. You have put everything under his control; all the sheep and cattle, the wild animals, the birds and the fish, whatever swims in the currents of the sea."
Psalm 8: 3-9

I have watched the flowers bloom this year with a renewed sense of awe. I did nothing but prune the flowers back in the fall. Here they are again, beautiful and lovely to look at and pick too! I am thankful for a faithful garden. I am thankful for my heavenly father that is the ultimate gardener that is always faithful to prune us and ultimately delight in watching us grow into a fragrant garden for His Glory! It is not an easy process, we all know. But the end result is worth the pruning...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Gorgeous.
Lovely words, Nellie.