Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gathering





As with our kitten 'Brownie', gathering can mean so many different things! She prefers to gather her tiny frame into the most unique and creative spots to simply, rest!
When I think of gathering at times I think of gathering my brood into a cozy location to read, create some sort of art or listen to an audio drama or music.

Gathering for a purpose.

 If our kitten can find comfort in this, so can we.
Does this make any sense?

 Some days you need to just gather yourself and not follow the regular routine. How I know this? Well, I think back to the days of being in grade school when I would wake and wish I could just stay at home. To do what? I didn't know, just to 'gather' myself and simply be...

Today is one of those days for us. We are gathering.

The above pics are of a walk I took, with one of my kids  and another time on  my own with my camera!! There is always something to capture and gather for my archives.

I read this morning from Psalm 18

"The Lord is my rock and my fortess and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies."
|

1 comment:

Heather said...

I "hear" you on the gathering thing. Thanking the Lord for a "free" day today in order to gather here as well :)