Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas of the past

How Sad it is to have to say this is in the past...but it truly is now! When my DH (dear hubby) is home for the few days around and after Christmas, the tree and all comes down with his help and the dusting begins! Not much of that during December honestly! I quickly realized that I had not taken a photo of my fav spot in the house - the fireplace in the living room. If you can see (pic is a bit dark unfortunatley) one stocking still does not have a name on it! I still have to add Katie to the stocking!! I still stuffed some goodies in there of course! Maybe before next Christmas!? So before it all came down I rushed for the camera to be able to soak in the moment....

I am thankful for this Christmas. We celebrated with family and friends and will continue to enjoy time off from our regular school days and simply play and visit! Organize and clean will fit in there someway, somehow?

Book Review:

Jotham's Journey was a wonderful book that we read over the weeks before Christmas. It was the fav part of our days and the kids always were so sad we would stop and wait for the next chapter! What an amazing book about Christmas. So much learned in the young boys journey toward Christ. It really helped our family each night remember the reason for the season! Reading out loud joins us in such remarkable ways. I too love being read to!!! What a treat, I usually do majority of the reading out loud. I was spoiled this time!

1 comment:

sydney ellen said...

I know....the cliff-hangers at the end of every chapter are awful! :)