Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I'm back....

Too often I beat myself up inside because I have not remembered a moment. I have not photographed the scene. I have not added it to my journal or blog. Take notice of the NOT word piling up! Instead of this post completely leaning toward the negative, I have been living it out. I have not felt compelled to make note of everything as I normally do. I do not want media to become an idol for my kids, why do I want that for myself? Blogging was not entirely an idol, but the idol was becoming what I am NOT. I love blogging. I love photography, I love writing. I let it go.
It was never completely missing, just away. I needed to move away and live out what I write. Simple as that.
However, I can't take it anymore. I must write. It is my therapy! Anyone hear me!!!? I also love it so much when  one of the kids casually picks up a blog book and just sits and enjoys remembering our moments, our days.....
I have read many books. I have talked with so many people. I have prayed constantly. I have been living like I was without the blog world. But I have also realized that this connection is such a gift. I learn so much from others and am thankful that when I can I read blogs and posts on FB. Many are meaningful, resourceful and inspiring. That is what moves me.
I have many memories to add to my blog so my kids can cozy up and recall the past. I better get busy. I have many days to post about, too many really. That overwhelms me, but I pick the moments that matter the most I guess!?
 
Lately, the book by Stormie Omartian, "The Power of a Praying Parent" has altered my prayer life in wonderful ways. I am so thankful for the themes and verses and prayers. I have made this my morning routine and am staring the book of Isaiah as my summer reading plan. I am also beginning Stormie's book "The Power of a Praying Wife". I just have so much to be thankful for with my husband and praying for him is a gift I can give.
 
 
 
Here is the first of many pictures to come...Katie in Bahamas on our trip to the Exumas.
Now diapers are close to gone, soothers too. Bryn thanks for taking this picture! I love it! I will always treasure this moment. Water wings and lizards, what a mix.
 
 
 
 
 
 
He hasn't even seen the show Chips......

 

                 Oh Sara, she just couldn't get enough of feeding these lizards grapes!







All photos thanks to Bryn....

No comments: