Friday, April 3, 2015

The Wonderful Cross

  1. When I survey the wondrous cross
    On which the Prince of glory died,
    My richest gain I count but loss,
    And pour contempt on all my pride.
  2. Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
    Save in the death of Christ my God!
    All the vain things that charm me most,
    I sacrifice them to His blood.
  3. See from His head, His hands, His feet,
    Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
    Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
    Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
  4. Were the whole realm of nature mine,
    That were a present far too small;
    Love so amazing, so divine,
    Demands my soul, my life, my all.
Isaac Watts 1707


Considering my last post was months ago, there is no better weekend than this to begin again. The Easter weekend when we take the time to remember the cross. We remember Christ and His sacrifice for us.
This hymn is one of my favourites. I also love the version by Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman. This is my quiet time this morning. Listening to the words and taking time to reflect.
While I sit here I listened to Sara share the gospel with Katie! We have a God Rocks DVD called 'Rez the Rock that Rolled' and it shares the truth about Christ's death and resurrection in cartoon of course. I listened to here explain why Christ did this for us and sat in awe that the words flowed and were logical. Amazing Sara!


Remembering Christ and being transformed......





No comments: