Tuesday, February 9, 2010

morning read...

One thing about early risers, they use time well (I guess you hope so!) Our oldest does just that! He reads and reads. I remember reading when I was young, but he is devouring up every book we have and more.  What a breath of fresh air! Yes, he likes to defeat us a Wii bowling, but the true learning is through literature for sure. I am so thankful I can search for great books and sift through the ones that simply are a waste of time! History has come alive in our home in ways that are hard to describe. When I don't read out loud a current historical hero or missionary story I hear about it! The only time I hear that we missed math (doesn't really happen, but funny example) is through the cheers! Unlike the comments of horror we missed reading! But, secretly I love that! I have been intentional about introducing the past into our home in creative and meaningful ways. I can see more now than ever that it is sinking in!! Love it.
So, to my sweet boy that wakes early to read with his warm, dimly lit lamp I love you and think you are so amazing. Thanks for teaching me about what you are reading! I love learning through you!!!!

3 comments:

sydney ellen said...

Great picture! Everyone loves reading, espescially Chris!
~Sydney~

Heather said...

I ADORE this photo!

Heather said...

I'm kind of a morning bird too!
7 thirty, kitchow! I'm awake!