Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mommy, I want to help!


When she saw the eggs come out of the fridge she was on the chair at the table with spoon in hand and ready to help. She is eager and attentive to help and create. It is amazing, she want to stir and crack eggs daily! What I see deeper than the stirring is her precious heart that wants to help mommy. I have her the bowl of brownie batter and the spoon and turned by back thinking she would do what she normally does, stir and then watch me pour the batter into the muffins cups. Well, today she did it all and I actually let her! I knew it would be a mess and lots of clean up, but she was so happy and SO proud of herself. She did it and what a moment. She explored and succeeded! I love kitchens and all that happens there! There are times I am not in love with the pile of dishes, but today I was in love with what the kitchen represents.

3 comments:

Heather said...

If we can enjoy these moments, the messes won't seem so bad! You're an inspiration:)

Mouse and Magoo said...

That's adorable. She's going to be a cook when she grows up!

You can tell on her face in the last picture, that she was having a good time (:
Have a good day!
Meghan
(recent blog update)

sydney ellen said...

I just see her saying, "Mommy, I want to help, too!"
Very cute.