Saturday, February 25, 2012

Let it fall


I have to be honest, taking my brood on excursions is truly a gift for me to open. As much as they enjoy it, I think perhaps, I do more than the kids!?

 I connect with my kids in an indescribable way when I see them curiously exploring new terrain. I sense that in some ways it is a chance for me as a parent to watch joyfully this fascination with something new or unique unfold in front of their eyes

  I have the blessed experience of watching...

As I watched the waterfall flow in front of them, the pure joy flowed from their inner beings. No fighting between them, just exchanging heart felt laugher

they tasted God's creation, and it was good...

From this,  a verse my mom recently gave to me in a gift (my forty day journey of gifts!)
expresses perfectly the love our heavenly Father has for us,

"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:5

God has poured out his love for us and when we walk through creation I can't help but be moved by the gifts God has given us. I am so thankful that I am able to walk through life with my kids. I love watching them learn and grow and because of that, I learn and grow.

Let His love fall all over you today.