Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Psalm 50

The Mighty One, God the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun
to its setting,

Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth. 

Our God comes; he does not keep silence, before him is a devouring fire,

around him the mighty tempest.

He calls to the heavens above and to the earth, that he may judge his people:

"Gather to me my faithful ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!"

The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge!


Today, I stood in awe as I looked over the deck and into the rising sun. The sun was just peeking over the tops of the towering maples. The leaves slowly and silenty landed on the dew soaked earth. The stream played a quite song as if to call me toward it and wade toward adventure. Before I had more than a minute and a sip of coffee the little voice behind me beckoned, "Mom, I am cold I need a sweater!" The reality of moments in time to be treasured slipped away, but alas a need was waiting for me to meet, simple yet for her profound. I let her back in the house almost laughing to myself that she at the tender age of three would see what I see and sense what I sense. She felt the chill and I was surrounded by warmth! How vastly unique we all view moments. I am today grateful that I had that time. I love capturing permanently with photographs. So thankful.... 

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a gift of photography the Lord has given you. I'm in awe. The Scripture makes the photos even more delightful.

sydney ellen said...

Beautiful pictures, beatiful psalm, and beatiful Auntie! ;-)

Charmaine said...

Amazing pictures, profound thoughts. Thank you. Praying for you.