Friday, February 25, 2011

So much more

A dear soul I have met at church has been truly inspiring in more ways than I can count. Her gospel centered life is apparent and radiant. I wish I had her zeal and tenacity for life like her many years ago early in my marriage and as a young christian!!! She is newly married (well year and a half) and wise beyond her years. She knows that God is calling her to love Him, her husband and pray about what the future holds.
She has read so many books I have and we share many thoughts and words that are so similar. I read this book, So Much More, a long time ago. She posted about this and I had to add this paragraph to my blog tonight. I have been so convicted lately about my role as a mother, wife, friend and servant and needed to read these vital biblical truths. Thank you Christina Beth!!! I am going to keep reading this book and remind myself of the following:


Teaching and discipling younger women to be keepers at home, submissive wives, loving mothers, modest, and good (Titus 2:3-5); helping to provide and care for widows in their immediate family (Ruth, 1 Timothy 5:16); creating garments and other necessities for the poor and visiting the sick (Acts 9: 36-39, Matthew 25:35-40); giving to the needs of the church (Matthew 27:55, Luke 21:2-4, Romans 16:1-2); talking about the things of God in the home to instruct fellow christians (2 Timothy 1:5); extending hospitality to saints and strangers alike (Genesis 18:6, Genesis 24:15-20, 1 Samuel 25:14-42, 1 Kings 17:8-24, 2 Kings 4:8-38, Matthew 8:14-15, Acts 16:14-15, Romans:12-13, 1 Timothy 5:10, Hebrews 13:2, 1 Peter 4:9, 3 John 1:8)
(So Much More, 277)
Is all of this easy to do? Would all agree? No, but I know that doing the above honours God and that is what is important. I know the word submissive is tough for many women. I am blessed to have a husband that cherishes and loves me in countless ways. That word does not scare me as it did years ago. A journey that continues today!! I am blessed and thank God for what He is doing in our family.

No comments: