Thursday, May 5, 2011

Joy


How crazy is that! She is just four months (and a bit!) Full of life, giggles, smiles and now a tooth. I had her laughing today and caught it!!




This joy she has is seriously contagious and that really had a hold on me today. This morning we sat by the stream and read our science series called Young Explorer Series - Exploring Creation with Zoology 2 Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day by Jeannie Fulbright. Long title but well worth letting you know about it. I am joyful while reading this to the kids. We all are. It is one of our moments that we have come to treasure and hold on to.

The more I choose joy despite my emotion of the moment and allow the holy spirit to change me the more joy in my children. For me, that is what needs to be happening. They are learning and the next generation is right here in front of me. I have been chosen to mother them and to love them in ways that God knew I was best suited for! A task that is meaningful and full of challenge and adventure. I am part of preparing the next generation. God knows I need him every step of this journey.



Love
"And now I will show you the most excellent way"

! Corinthians 13
Truly an excellent way!

Galatians 5

The heading is freedom and ends with keeping in step with the spirit. That is what I aim to do, walk freely with Christ.

My thoughts on the fruit:


Joy, if I don't have it my children won't either.


Love, if I leave that out, so will they


Peace, if I pursue that, they will follow


Patience, if I demonstrate it they will lavish up others


Kindness, if I do to others as I would have them do to me and really live it, live it they will


Goodness, if I show this only comes from God, they will seek it and know this gift


Gentleness, if I hold them with this, they too will embrace others


Faithfulness, if hold on, so will they


Self control, if I maintain this, attempt this, they will accept this and allow God to shine through them


My running princess. The dress hand picked and the style truly her own. She embraces life with pure joy. I learn from her, the simple wonders at times I have forgotten!



She takes risks and plunges into life!


Curiosity, always!



An artist, perhaps reluctant, but creates beauty with style



Colourful creativity



Just taking it all in this morning,
Thankful, and needing more joy.....

2 comments:

sydney ellen said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures. Especially the ones of Sara. Cute!

Graceful Oven said...

I love all these pictures. Is that a tiny tooth on the bottom?

Reading science outdoors...lovely.
And a good reminder to have joy.
Thanks.