Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That hurts



Not a fun piece of nature to hug! However, the beauty of this prickly goodie caught my eye on a hike tonight. I thought it ironic that we spoke about irritations today. Yes, irritations with one another. How this will happen between us here at home and we HAVE to learn how to deal with the prickly moments and do it well.
We open the door to the world and must first learn how to demonstrate the fruit of the spirit here well before we can expect to outside! From very young we teach our young to love others, be nice and don't hurt other people. When they are with others we hope it becomes instinct to love. Easy to read out loud but  hard to do! As we read about the need for the fruit of the spirit to be evident in our lives funny how it becomes harder to do! Lots of arrows thrown at us and we have to deflect them with the armor of God. In Ephesians 6:10 we are reminded to, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."
So true. However, we have the authority in the name of Jesus to resist the enemy. Later on in Ephesians we read, "...take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one." Today and yesterday (that is when I started this post!) I lost perspective and my selfishness won out more times than not. I just finished asking forgivenss from the eldest, again!. There were moments that have come and gone that hurt. Just like the prickly bush.
What I see in the next photo is perspective. I kind of lost that today. I look for  ways to capture what I see through the lens. I can't really describe what I truly feel when I hold a camera and capture endless God created scenery and people. It is almost as though I am writng a thank you note to God with a click. I need perspective on all my moments.


No comments: