Sunday, May 3, 2009

2 Timothy

Today at The Well our pastor was on fire! He was so right on with a message about the Grace of God outlined in 2 Timothy. Pastor MacPhail encouraged us that we have enough Grace for today and can call upon the one (Jesus Christ) for our needs the next day and everyday. As he put it (paraphrasing...we have the best gift in the whole universe -The Grace of God!)

2 Timothy 2:1-7
"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Jesus..Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs- he wants to please his commanding officer. Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this."

The apostle Paul wrote these words to Timothy and we can relate to these today. I know that I am so thankful that I can rely upon a personal God that knows me and loves me and simply has a plan for me! I know I can't do 'life' on my own. As pastor MacPhail said today he can't prepare for Sunday on his own! He has to rely on Christ. We all do, for everthing.

I have to do that everyday here at home. I can't do this life alone. My kids are depending on me. If I truly live that they are only dependant on me, I am in trouble. I will never meet their needs. I have to teach them to rely on God and his Grace. I am here for them to walk them through this life. Dueteronomy 6:5 says, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them upon your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

There was a lot to take in today at church, but so worth thinking about, praying about and talking about!

No comments: